Dengue fever is caused by the biting of an infected female Aedes mosquito. The symptoms are muscle pain, high fever, fatigue, and headache. Many people within the country and abroad die because of this deadly infection. Presently, there is no specific treatment for dengue fever. Therefore, it is essential to keep your surroundings clean to reduce the spread of the infection.
Here are a few preventive measures to stay protected from dengue:
1.Throw the litter in the bin: At public places, bin your litter responsibly, to curtail the transmission of the dengue virus.
- Do not let water get accumulated: Take care of the stagnant water near your area, as it is a breeding ground for the mosquito. This can lead to many vector-borne diseases.
- Maintain hygiene in public areas: We must ensure that proper cleanliness should be maintained at schools, parks, markets,s, and other public places to avoid mosquito breeding.
- Keep your surroundings clean: The area around your house should be dusted and mopped on a regular basis, if your immediate surroundings are sanitized properly, then mosquitoes will not breed around you.
- Plant mosquito repelling plants: The best way to prevent the mosquitoes would be by keeping special dengue preventing plants in the house. Citronella, tulsi plants, and lemongrass are considered to be a better option
- Dustbins near your surroundings: Overfilled and dirty bins are the most susceptible area to catch an infection. Make sure that the public dustbins are emptied regularly and the area should be cleaned.