Early Signs of Pregnancy
If you want to know if you are pregnant, the only way to be sure is to take a pregnancy test. There are some signs that aren’t unique to pregnancy and can indicate you are just sick or your period is about to begin. But here are some classic symptoms of pregnancy you should look out for:
- Missed period: Missed period can indicate pregnancy is most cases. However, some women experience light spotting/bleeding around the time they expect their period. It can be misleading if you have irregular menstrual cycle.
- Nausea and vomiting: Also known as morning sickness which affects more than half of the pregnant women. It often begins after one month of getting pregnant and can strike at any moment of the day/night. Some women experience nausea some don’t. The cause of nausea is not known however, doctors say it is related to your hormones.
- Tender breasts: Hormonal changes due to pregnancy can lead to sensitive and sore breasts. The changes are similar to the ones you experience few days before your period starts. The discomfort likely to decrease when your body start adjusting to changes in your body.
- Fatigue: It is one of the common symptoms of pregnancy. During early pregnancy the hormone –– progesterone, which helps the baby grow, increases, which can make you sleepy.
- Increased urination: Pregnancy causes the increase of body fluids which leads to frequent urination. The swelling of the uterus, which presses against the bladder which also results in excessive urination. Most women experience this within first few weeks of getting pregnant.
- Food cravings: Craving certain food is very common in pregnancy. You may also notice distaste for food you previously liked and vice-versa. Some women also crave non food items such as soil or paper, also known as pica, which indicate nutrient deficiency. If it is the case for you, please talk to your doctor about it.
There are other symptoms such as constipation, mood swings, bloating, cramps, etc which can point to pregnancy but can be the symptoms for other issues in your body. Also, you can be pregnant whether you have these symptoms.
If you have missed your period and experience above mentioned signs, please take a pregnancy test, to be sure and if the test comes positive, consult your doctor to start prenatal care.
if you have further questions, our team of qualified Gynaecologists at the Bansal Global Hospital are 24/7 available to help you with your medical concerns. Fix your appointment today and contact us at +919911062832.