Intensive care unit is the part of a hospital where people with severe or life-threatening illnesses are treated. These patients require close monitoring and extra care until they are able to maintain normal bodily functions of their own. A number of parameters are monitored and treated by a team of medical professionals. A patient is most likely to be transferred to ICU if the following problems arise:
- If there is poor heart functioning or irregular heart sound that could be fatal.
- If the patient is not able to breathe of his own and require artificial ventilation.
- In case of severe infection or sepsis that may require isolation and extra care until the infection goes down.
- If the blood pressure is not maintained by the body, close monitoring is required.
- If the patient is having an excessive bleeding problem inside or outside the body due to trauma or disease.
- Neurological issues such as coma or unresponsiveness to stimulus may require ICU care until patient starts responding.
- A patient who underwent a critical surgery or transplant will require Intensive care.
Sound intensive care can heal the patient in no time. Intensive Care Units in Bansal Global Hospital are equipped with advanced machinery. Our ICU team is active and well experienced in patient handling and urgent care.