Ultrasound is an advanced and painless method to detect slightest abnormalities in the neck region. It does not use any radiation so it can be safely administered. In this method, an ultrasound probe is placed in the neck and chest region to get an image of organs and vessels present in the neck. It can prove helpful in the following ways:
- It can detect abnormal growth, lumps or any cancerous lesions in the thyroid gland.
- It can detect cyst and helpful in aspirating fluid from a cyst.
- It can guide in an invasive procedure such as a biopsy.
- It helps in checking blood circulation in arteries which are present on each side of the neck.
- Ultrasound can detect any lymph nodes around the neck and identify any abnormality or malignancy.
Ultrasound has proved itself to be a significant tool in the diagnosis of tumours and cancerous lesion. Further tests may be required to confirm the diagnosis. It is less time consuming and does not involve any discomfort. You can get a small part ultrasound done at Bansal Global Hospital and get treated by caring and well-experienced doctors. Call for an appointment today.