We know that UTI is a common problem for women around the world. And in Delhi, with all the heat, it just gets worse. So, we got in touch with our Best Gynaecologist in Delhi and asked her if she could suggest some measures to avoid it.
Here are the insights put Dr Bimla Bansal, a senior gynaecologist at Bansal Global Hospital:
- Drink plenty of water and keep your body hydrated.
- Avoid using public toilets. Keep toilet sanitizers for an emergency.
- Wear cotton underwear.
- Wash your underwear(s) daily. Also, wash your new underwear before you wear it.
- Wash yourself up after every intercourse.
- If you are using any kind of lubricant during intercourse, it should be mild and cool.
- Wipe clean your private parts every time you use the washroom.
- Women must keep a check on their sanitary pads and change them frequently to avoid germs.
So, we hope you manage to keep away the germs this summer and UTI doesn’t get to touch you. But in case it does, it is recommended to bring it to the notice of your gynaecologist at the earliest so that measures could be taken to cure it quickly.
To book an appointment with the Best Gynaecologist in Delhi, contact our helpdesk at Bansal Global Hospital.