Acidity and the feeling of heartburn can be really uncomfortable. And when it occurs repeatedly, you must look at your lifestyle and catch the culprit. If your acidity is lifestyle related, the following changes are recommended to be made:
- Regularise your meals. Eat at the same time(s) every day.
- Keep taking small meals at an interval of 3-4 hours.
- Don’t eat too fast. Chew your food properly.
Image Source: sizepict.pw
- Quit smoking.
- Drink water directly from a glass, use of a straw can lead air to go into your stomach.
- Avoid carbohydrates.
Image Source: heart.org
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Exercise daily. If you cannot for some reason, walk for half an hour every day.
However, if the condition doesn’t get better, it is best to visit and doctor and get vital tests done to know about the real cause of the problem. Visit us at Bansal Global Hospital to get a thorough check-up of your digestive system done and detect the problem before it causes irreversible damage.