Rain makes us spellbound, but it carries along a plethora of infections and diseases. Most of the parents are worried for their munchkin, as they want their kids to have fun in the rain, but can’t let them go out as they fear for the illnesses that will surround them. The arrival of monsoon has children suffer with fever, typhoid, running nose and many more diseases. Here are few precautions which a parent can take to protect their child from the ill effects of the monsoon:
- Maintain personal hygiene: The simplest way to increase immunity and ward off infection is to wash hands regularly. If your child has got drenched in the rain, let them take shower.
- Drink water: Staying hydrated will remove the toxins from the body and keep your child healthy.
- No more food from outside: Outside food is unhygienic and the water used can be contaminated, therefore it’s better to eat home cooked food.
- Keep the nails short: A lot of dirt is accumulated on nails, so keep them short to avoid any kind of infection.
- Make them wear waterproof boots: While venturing out, protect their feet by making them wear waterproof boots so their feet remain protected from any kind of fungal infection.
- Keep the house clean: Make sure the house, especially your children’s room unsoiled and dry. The room temperature should be normal.
- Eat food rich in Vitamin C: Vitamin C helps boost the production of white blood cells, which helps the body in fighting infection. Give your child plenty of fruits rich in Vitamin C.
- Layer them up: Monsoon season comes with a cool breeze, so make sure you layer up your child with necessary clothes. Make them wear full sleeves and long pants.
- Apply mosquito repellant: Application of mosquito repellant is very essential, as it keeps mosquitoes away from the child.
When to see a Doctor:
If your child is suffering from fever, cold, cough, weakness, body rash and many such monsoon related disease, it is advisable to visit a doctor. Consult our team of expert Pediatrician at the Bansal Global Hospital. Fix your appointment today and contact us at +919911062832