Dengue fever is a mosquito-borne virus affecting millions of people every year. It is a viral infection, also known as “break-bone” fever, is a flu-like disease caused by Dengue fever. It is spread through the bite of an infected female Aedes mosquito. It is one of the deadliest diseases, can only be prevented if an individual takes proper care. The best way to stay safe from the ailment is to protect yourself from mosquito bites, therefore one must ensure that mosquitos do not breed in the surroundings.
Following are a few tips that may aid in reducing the chances of a mosquito bite:
1.Do don’t expose your skin. It is advisable to wear long shirts and pants to cover your skin, which reduces the chances
of a mosquito bite.
- Keep your house clean and uncluttered.
- Use mosquito repellant on a regular basis to keep them away and carry it with you all the time.
- Do not leave stagnant water in and around your house. The Aedes mosquito breeds in clean and motionless water.
- Spray the house frequently with mosquito repellants.
- Make sure that your doors and windows are closed, particularly at times like dawn and dusk.
- Take care of your personal hygiene and wash your hands regularly.
- Consider using mosquito nets while sleeping.
- Don’t mix your wet clothes with dry ones.
- In the rain, one is more susceptible to getting infected by Dengue so take all the necessary measures.
- Cover all the open water storage such as empty pails, drums, and buckets.
- Keep your dustbins clean.
If you or anyone in the family has symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, continuous vomiting, joint pain, and rash, etc., consult our team of health care experts at the Bansal Global Hospital. An early diagnosis is very essential to fight the infection, otherwise, the condition of the patient can get very serious. We at Bansal Global Hospital have a team of specialized physicians who focuses on complete and integrated health care with a compassionate atmosphere.
Contact us at +919911062832