Obesity is a growing problem in India and is responsible for many other comorbid conditions such as cardiac problems, arthritis, sleep apnea, high cholesterol and blood pressure and many others. Those who realize the problem often struggle to lose weight. The reason for failure to lose weight is often the wrong type of diet. Losing weight usually, depending on our metabolism which is often slowed down because of the wrong type of foods. Many other factors such as physical fitness do come into play as well. Here are some key points which may help you in managing your weight.
- Don’t eat less than your body requirement as it makes you fatter.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables as they boost up your metabolism.
- Exercise for 3-5 times in a week for 45 minutes to one hour.
- Include weight lifting in your exercise regime as it increases muscle mass which improves metabolism.
- Take a 10 min walk after every meal.
- Drink lots of water as it increases metabolism.
- Avoid falling for fad diets.
- Eat more protein-rich food.
- Be consistent in your lifestyle changes as losing weight is a slow process.
Losing weight can be frustrating and sometimes complex. But being consistent in your exercise and nutrition can yield amazing results within a few months.
If you are unable to shed a few kilos even after continuous efforts, it might be a sign of a bigger problem. Consult our specialists at Bansal Global Hospital to know whether it is so. Early detection is always better than regretting at later stages of any disease.