Surgeries need pinpoint precision and it’s not only till a successful surgery that you need to be careful. Patients along with their caretakers need to take special care until the site of the surgery is completely dry and the doctor gives a green signal to go normally about it.
Surgical infections are common if not taken care of. But if you are careful, you can avoid it and heal healthily. Here are some useful ways to prevent surgical site infections:
- No previous wound should be there before the surgery. If you have any open wound in any part of your body let your doctor know or it can cause serious problems.
- Clean your wound with the only doctor recommended liquids.
- Regularly go for dressings, as is recommended by the surgeon.
- Be extra careful while taking a shower.
- Administer antibiotic medicines as recommended. DO NOT discontinue it without the doctor’s recommendation.
Other than that, if you notice any abnormality in the surgical site, report it immediately to your surgeon. Also, your hospital and surgeon is highly responsible for avoiding infections, so choose them wisely.
At Bansal Global Hospital, all surgeries are done in highly sterile conditions by specialized and experienced surgeons. To book an appointment for consultations, please contact our help desk.