Keeping hands clean is the single most effective way to avoid getting sick and prevent the spread of infection. At this time of global crisis, good hand hygiene should be encouraged.
Purpose of Hand Washing:
- It improves overall health by reducing the dissemination of microorganism.
- It prevents the spread of many contagious diseases from one person to another by contaminated hands.
When to wash your hands:
- When hands are visibly dirty
- After using the washroom
- After sneezing or coughing (in your hands) and blowing your nose
- Before and after preparing or eating food
- Taking care or visiting sick people
- Touching an animal
- After touching any surface or an object
- Handling waste bin or garbage
- Treating wounds
- Removing or inserting contact lenses
- After changing the diaper or cleaning up your child
- If you are unsure whether hands are dirty or not – wash your hands
How to wash your hands:
- Wet hands with warm or cold water, apply an ample amount of soap and lather well
- Rub your hands vigorously for at least 15 seconds and cover all the surfaces of the hands and wrists like palms, in-between your fingers, under your nails and thumbs
- Rinse properly under clean water
- Pat hands dry with a clean towel
Three Key points to remember:
- Good hand washing techniques are simple and very effective
- Wash your hands frequently
- When in doubt whether your hands are dirty – wash your hands
For any further information regarding Hand Hygiene Practice and Hand Washing Techniques to Reduce the Risk of Corona Infection Consult our team of experts at Bansal Global Hospital.
Fix your appointment today and contact us at +919911062832.
Avoid coming to Hospital with family members if not required.