Sore throat and running nose are the initial symptoms of a common cold, followed by influenza (flu). Influenza is a viral infection and it spreads through droplets air from the respiratory tract of an infected person produced after coughing or sneezing. It can take 7 to 10 days for a healthy person to get normal but initial 4 days are the worst.
The Signs Of Cold Are:
- Sore throat and cough
- Body Pain
The Signs Of Flu Are:
In time of an acute global crisis, many wonder if self isolation is needed on experiencing these symptoms. Self isolation is an important step to prevent disease, progression and spread. If you have high fever or new cough or minor respiratory tract infection isolate yourself for 7 to 14. This will control the spread of virus to friends and other members of society, who comes in contact.
Dos To Prevent Transmission:
- Keep at least 2 meters of distance from everybody at home
- Self isolation
- Sleep alone
- Frequent washing of hand
- Hydrate yourself properly
- Use your own washroom or clean the surface properly after using it
- Avoid touching face
- Avoid nose picking
- Let fresh air in and have well ventilated surroundings
- It is safe to go for a walk but maintain a distance
- Avoid going to public places
- Prefer to shop online
Don’ts To Prevent Transmission:
- Don’t use public transport
- Avoid social gatherings
When You Need Urgent Help ?
- In case your condition has got worse
- Breathing gets problematic
- Staying indoor for 7 days hasn’t helped
Consult our team of experts at Bansal Global Hospital immediately
Fix your appointment today and contact us at +919911062832.
Avoid coming to hospital with family members if not required.