Contact lenses have made life easier in so many ways. Those big round spectacles don’t need to declare anymore that something’s wrong. But it comes with its own conditions. While eye-glasses are super-easy to take care of, contact lenses need its deserved attention.
Here are 7 tips our ophthalmologist at Bansal Global Hospital advises to contact lens wearers:
- Don’t sleep with your lenses on: Yes, that’s a big no! If you think you are dozing and might sleep off anytime, it’s better to undo your lenses first. You can use glasses for these tiresome work schedules. Sleeping with your lenses can be really damaging for your eyes.
- Don’t stand near the fire for too long: Well maybe in normal everyday routine you are hardly in contact with fire. And that’s the very reason you need to know this. If you are at a barbeque party or cooking yourself, make sure you put off your contacts. Contacts are actually made up of flexible plastics which can melt if exposed to too much heat.
- Everyday cleanup routine: Follow the instructions on the box. Make sure you clean your lenses every day before putting them on. You also need to wash your hands properly before doing so.
- Don’t rub your eyes: Don’t rub your eyes to much as it can displace the lenses.
- No water contact: Fresh water has bacterias that don’t go well with lenses. In fact, any kind of water contact can damage your lenses (and eyes then of course). So, make sure no lenses while swimming, bathing, or when it’s raining (and you have no umbrella).
Moreover, you should always get an eye-check up done before you jump to contact lenses. Your doctor knows it best and can advise you well on what kind of lenses will suit you best!
About Bansal Global Hospital
A world class private hospital located in North-West Delhi, the Bansal Global Hospital offers the best treatment possible and care to its patients round the clock (24×7). The multi-specialty Bansal Global Hospital provides specialist medical and surgical care ranging from simple day-case procedures to complex surgeries, blood and other tests in our state of the art pathology lab, digital X-rays, inpatient facilities. The hospital has dedicated inpatient facility, with all fully air-conditioned ensuite rooms. Our staff offer high quality services to ensure that your stay with us is as comfortable as possible in private and discrete facilities.
Bansal Global Hospital C-10 Ramgarh,, Near Jahangirpuri Metro Station, Delhi, 110033
Bansal Fracture, Gynae and Kids Clinic, E-1086 Saraswati Vihar, Pitampura, Delhi 110034
Neo Kidz Clinic, C-38 Raj Nagar, Pitampura, Delhi 110034