A good quality sleep is the basis for a good heath. It is an important function that lets your mind and body to restore, leaving your relaxed and active when you get up in the morning. The brain doesn’t function properly, without improper sleep. This reduces your cognitive skills, weakens your abilities to focus, think clearly and can lead to memory loss. In simple word, it is very essential for the overall health and wellness, although frequently ignored. A loss of sleep can make a person irritable and grumpy the next day, but there are many other underlying diseases associated with sleep deprivation. If a person hasn’t got enough sleep it can have a huge impact on their physical and mental health.
Body has an internal clock which controls your sleep cycle. It controls when you feel drained and sleepy or active or refreshed. This clock functions on circadian rhythm, i.e. 24-hour cycle. Once you wake up from sleep, you tend to become very exhausted during the day. By the time evening comes, this feeling is at its highest which makes you sleepy. This process is known as sleep-wake homeostasis, i.e. sleep drive. This is related to an organic composite formed in the brain. During the day the adenosine levels increase, as you become fatigued, in this case the body breakdowns down this compound while you are asleep. A balanced diet and positive lifestyle are essential to get a sufficient amount of sleep every night.
Here are few reasons why a good sleep is very important:
- Boosts memory: If you haven’t slept well, it gets difficult to focus. A good night’s sleep induces your memory, problem solving skills and makes your brain sharp.
- Strengthen your immune system: A person who is sleep deprived, falls sick often. Sleep aids in strengthening your immunity and fights off infection.
- Heals damaged cells: A body repairs damaged cells and tissues, while you’re asleep.
- Weight control: When the body is well rested, a person feels less hungry. A sleep deprived body disturbs leptin and ghrelin – which are hormones in the brain, which controls hunger.
- Boosts your mood: Lack of sleep can make you cranky, a proper sleep can enhance your mood and make you calm.
- Makes your heart healthy: A good sleep brings your blood pressure down and reduces the level of stress in the body, which gives your heart and blood vessels some rest. Hence prevents chances of a heart condition.
- Decreases your blood pressure: A continuous state of rest reduces the blood pressure and keep it under control.
- Reduces stress: If a body hasn’t rested properly, it responds by producing stress hormones, which is very common in today’s fast paced lifestyle.
If you have insomnia or other sleep related issues, it is always recommended to go for a regular health care checkup. Years of going undiagnosed can have serious side effects on the body. For any further information regarding regular Health Care Checkup. Consult our team of experts at Bansal Global Hospital. Fix your appointment today and contact us at +919911062832.