Bursitis is a painful disorder affecting the bursae, which are tiny, fluid-filled sacs that protect the bones, tendons, and muscles around your joints. Bursitis is a condition in which the bursae become inflamed.
Bursitis is most commonly found in the shoulder, elbow, and hip. Bursitis can also occur at your knee, heel, or the base of your big toe. It is common near joints that are subjected to a lot of repeated action.
Resting the injured joint and preventing it from further stress are common treatments. Bursitis discomfort usually goes away in a few weeks with correct treatment, although repeated bursitis flare-ups are common.
If you have bursitis, the joint that is affected may:
- Feeling stiff or achy?
- When you move it or press on it, it hurts even more.
- Look puffy and bloated.
When should you see a doctor?
- If you have any of the following symptoms, see your doctor:
- Joint discomfort that is incapacitating
- Excessive swelling, redness, bruising, or a rash in the afflicted area Sudden inability to move a joint
- Sharp or shooting pain, particularly while exercising or exerting oneself
What are the causes of bursitis?
- Throwing a baseball or repeatedly lifting something above your head
- For long amounts of time, leaning on your elbows
- Kneeling for long periods of time to do jobs such as carpet installation or floor scrubbing
- Injury or trauma to the affected area, inflammatory arthritis such as rheumatoid arthritis, gout, and infection are some of the other causes.
Here at Bansal Global Hospital, we have a specialized team of doctors to help with your medical concerns in a sensitive setting.
Consult our team of health care experts at the Bansal Global Hospital. Fix your appointment today and contact us at +919911062832.