Transvaginal ultrasound is a diagnostic technique used to detect anomalies of pelvic organs. It involves inserting an ultrasound probe inside the vagina to determine an image of pelvic contents. It is usually done in women who complain of pelvic or abdominal pain. It can safely be performed during pregnancy for abnormalities. This imaging method can have a number of implementations. Some of them are listed below.
- It is majorly used to examine uterus conditions.
- Reproductive organs such as fallopian tubes, ovaries and cervix can also be imaged.
- It is performed in pregnant women to detect ectopic pregnancy.
- Ultrasound is done in early pregnancy when women have a history of miscarriage.
- It is helpful in detecting ovarian cysts or fibroid formation within the uterus.
- Problems in Intrauterine device (IUD) placement can also be detected using Transvaginal ultrasound.
- It can help in ruling out cancer or tumour within the pelvis.
Trans vaginal ultrasound can give an accurate picture of your reproductive problems. You can go for the transvaginal ultrasound at Bansal Global Hospital under the supervision of our experts. Book your appointment now.