Headaches are intolerable and when we are talking about migraine headaches, it knows no bounds. Why do we say so? Because while a normal headache goes within a few hours of taking a pain killer, migraine can stay for up to 72 hours or even more in some cases.
The pain is agonizing and once you get it, it is difficult to escape. So, what can you do to ensure that your migraine doesn’t come back frequently? Here are some tips:
- Reduce stress. You can try yoga or seeing a therapist if the stress is too much to handle.
- Consume healthy food and avoid street food.
- Make a routine for your meals and sleep.
- Carry an umbrella while travelling to protect yourself from the sun.
- Take your medications timely.
Image Source: time.com
- Cut on caffeine. It includes:
- Soft Drinks
While there is no hard and fast rule on how you can escape migraine, the above steps certainly help to a great extent. However, you shouldn’t replace it for specialist consultancy. Our doctors at Bansal Global Hospital are of the opinion that any habit formation or following of certain remedies should be preceded by a doctor’s visit. So, book your appointment know to end the suffering and lead a healthier life.