Diarrhoea or loose motions are not only an uncomfortable and physically tiring but can also affect the human body to a great extent. And it’s more difficult when your children are suffering from it. Loose motions, as it is called, not only means repeated trips to the toilet but are a reason for dehydration and nutrition lost in kids.
So, how to manage it? Dr. Neha Bansal suggests some dos and donts when your child is having loose motions:
- Make them drink a lot of water and other liquids like coconut water, lime water etc. ORS should be given at regular intervals.
- Yougurt or curd is good for your child; you can offer it in form of raita or buttermilk with a sprinkle of cumin powder and salt. It works as a probiotic.
- Let them take proper rest even if that means a couple of days off from school.
- Do a mild tummy massage with mustard oil to provide some relief.
- Avoid milk products.
- Do not give fried and junk food, no matter how much they crave it.
- Don’t give hard food. Lentils and very soft rice is recommended.
- Don’t offer them spicy food.
Home remedies work when the situation isn’t severe. But if your child is sick for more than a day, you should consult a doctor, a child specialist rather than depending on your own remedies. Also, if your kid is younger than 6 months, do not try treatment on your own and take them to a specialist paediatrician.
About Bansal Global Hospital
A world class private hospital located in North-West Delhi, the Bansal Global Hospital offers the best treatment possible and care to its patients round the clock (24×7). The multi-specialty Bansal Global Hospital provides specialist medical and surgical care ranging from simple day-case procedures to complex surgeries, blood and other tests in our state of the art pathology lab, digital X-rays, inpatient facilities. The hospital has dedicated inpatient facility, with all fully air-conditioned ensuite rooms. Our staff offer high quality services to ensure that your stay with us is as comfortable as possible in private and discrete facilities.
Bansal Global Hospital C-10 Ramgarh,, Near Jahangirpuri Metro Station, Delhi, 110033
Bansal Fracture, Gynae and Kids Clinic, E-1086 Saraswati Vihar, Pitampura, Delhi 110034
Neo Kidz Clinic, C-38 Raj Nagar, Pitampura, Delhi 110034