Migraine has no absolute cure as of now. And as the patients of Migraine will know, it is something which affects your life largely. This chronic pain does restrict the patient in so many ways. Once a migraine is triggered it takes days to get back to normalcy and that too with medicines and proper rest.
So, what lifestyle changes can we make to tackle with Migraine? We got in touch with our experts at Bansal Global Hospital and let’s see what they have to say:
- Stress is one of the most common triggers of Migraine. While it is not easy to control stress, you can always meditate and do yoga to keep yourself calm. Make it a habit as just doing it once the pain triggers hardly helps.
- Make a routine and stick to it. Fix your sleep routine. Lessor too much sleep is also harmful to Migraine patients.
- Follow a healthy diet. Avoid foods with caffeine. You should also limit your junk food consumption.
- Stay hydrated.
- Plan your day including meals, sleep, travelling, etc. It will help with stress management.
- Maintain a journal with details of your Migraine. It will help you plan better and will also help your doctor to suggest you the best line of treatment.
- Limit your screen time.
Ensuring that all this is a part of your routine will help you largely in tackling Migraine. It might not go away completely but these habits will make sure your headaches aren’t regular.
For more information and consultation for Migraine, please book an appointment with Bansal Global Hospital.