After months of dry, irritable heat during summer, the monsoon season as finally arrived. The powerful smell of rain, the plush green surroundings and the cool breeze makes you feel relaxed and refreshed. The joy it brings along fill your heart with excitement. But, this season can be quite damaging for your skin, as it brings a lot of skin related infections. While the monsoon carries long spells of rains, it also comes along with extreme humidity that can be outlandish for your skin well-being, particularly for those who have an oily and acne-prone. It can make your skin look dull and patchy.
Courtesy pic: www.makeupandbody.com
Here are a few tips to deal with the rainy season and maintain the glow on your face.
1.Follow good hygiene: Wash your face daily at least 2 to 3 times to evade oil and dirt, which can lead to the eruption of acne and rash on your skin. Whenever, you get drenched in the rain, it is essential to take a shower to avoid fungal infection.
- 2. Wear comfortable clothes: Synthetic or non-breathable clothes do not let the skin breathe properly, as they don’t absorb the sweat and keeps the skin sweaty. Wear cotton clothes and avoid wearing your shoes and socks for long or else your feet are subject to clogging with moist and this can cause infection.
- Apply sunscreen: Use a good sunscreen every day, irrespective of the weather. A rainy season doesn’t mean your skin is protected from the harsh effect of sun rays.
- Drink water: Water will help you get rid of the toxins accumulated in the body, which can cause pimple.
- Avoid make up: Avoid wearing makeup during monsoon or go for a minimal makeup, as this can clog your skin pores, which can lead to acne. Let your skin relax and breathe for some time.
- Take care of dandruff: This is again very essential to keep your skin clean and healthy, as dandruff can cause outbreak on the skin.
- Exfoliate your skin: Follow this regime at least once a week, as this will remove the dead skin cells.
- Eat healthy: Eating junk or oily food can cause acne and will keep your skin oily. Fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidant, which helps in sustaining the sheen of your skin.
When to see a Doctor:
If you are having itchy skin, rash, acne outbreak all over the body or a longer period of time, it is advisable to visit a doctor. Consult our team of health care provider at the Bansal Global Hospital. Fix your appointment today and contact us at +919911062832