Covid-19 is a novel virus that affects your lungs, airways and at times your heart. It is triggered by new corona virus, which has been declared pandemic by WHO – World Health Organization. The virus has spread across the globe and the irony is till date there is no vaccination to prevent this disease, testing and trials are going on and soon we may have a vaccine by the end of this year. The common symptoms include fever, shortness of breath, cough, headache and loss of taste.
Those people are at high risk who are already suffering from other diseases like obesity, kidney, lung, asthma and especially heart disease. If you are a heart patient, it is very essential to take care of your heart amidst the current situation. Covid 19 infection can cause heart failure and heart attack, as there are certain medicines which are given to the Covid 19 patients for treatment can provoke deadly cardiac arrhythmias. Therefore, this is the best time to bring positive changes in your daily routine and keep your heart healthy.
Here are few steps that you can follow to reduce the chances of getting the infection:
- Practice good health hygiene like washing your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Maintain social distancing and avoid gatherings.
- Wear mask as and when you step out of your house
- Eat healthy prefer home cooked food over junk. Fruits and vegetables will also build your immunity.
- Get enough sleep
- Quit smoking
- Exercise regularly
- Keep yourself occupied by reading books, watching a movie or listening to music. This will also reduce stress and anxiety
- Connect with your friends and relatives over a video call often.
- Avoid overdose of news channel and stay away from negative news
- Only travel if it’s essential
- Be extra cautious of any Covid 19 symptom, consult a doctor immediately
- Don’t stop any heart or blood pressure medication which was already prescribed.
- Monitor your blood pressure and diabetes on regular basis
- Be in touch with your doctor.
If you think you are having Covid 19 symptoms or a heart attack or stroke, call for a help immediately. Consult our team of health care provider at the Bansal Global Hospital. We are declared as a dedicated hospital by the Delhi Government to treat the Covid 19 positive patients. Fix your appointment today and contact us at +919911062832
Note: Since we are exclusively dedicated Covid 19 hospital, we will not able to handle other medical cases for the time being.