The storage place for digestive bile juice is known as the gallbladder. It is a small sac-shaped organ beneath the liver. The bile is stored here after it is secreted by the liver and before it is released into the intestine.
A hardened deposit in the fluid of the gallbladder is known as gallstones. The size of them could be of a stone or can go up to the size of a golf ball. Mostly, the stones are made up of cholesterol while a small percentage of them are made up of calcium salts and bilirubin.
Even though the exact causes of gallstone is not known, some theories suggest the following causes:
- Presence of excessive cholesterol in the bile.
- Presence of too much bilirubin in the bile.
- Concentrated bile because of a full bladder.
It is difficult to predict who could be detected with gallbladder, but the following are at a higher risk than the others:
- A pregnant woman and those on birth control pills.
- Men & Women below the age of 40.
- People on a calorie-rich diet.
- People with a high carbohydrate diet.
- People suffering from obesity.
- People with a family history of gallstones.
- People with health issues like diabetes and other complications of the liver.
So, if you or your loved ones are in the above category, you should regularly go for a health check-up in a well-equipped hospital to ensure everything’s alright. Moreover, if there are any symptoms, you should be more careful and visit a specialist.
To book an appointment with specialists, please contact the helpdesk at Bansal Global Hospital.
About Bansal Global Hospital
A world-class private hospital located in North-West Delhi, the Bansal Global Hospital offers the best treatment possible and care to its patients round the clock (24×7). The multi-specialty Bansal Global Hospital provides specialist medical and surgical care ranging from simple day-case procedures to complex surgeries, blood and other tests in our state of the art pathology lab, digital X-rays, inpatient facilities.
Bansal Global Hospital C-10 Ramgarh, Near Jahangirpuri Metro Station, Delhi, 110033
Bansal Fracture, Gynae and Kids Clinic, E-1086 Saraswati Vihar, Pitampura, Delhi 110034
Neo Kidz Clinic, C-38 Raj Nagar, Pitampura, Delhi 110034