Dengue Care at Home
There is no cure for dengue at present. However, medication and proper care can help you manage symptoms. Here are a few steps you can take to recover faster from dengue if you have mild symptoms:
- Rest : Take rest as much as you can. Without proper rest your existing symptoms can get exponentially worse.
- Mange pain: Take medications alongside proper rest to control symptoms and pain.
- Reduce fever : Sponge your skin with cold water. It will help you reduce fever.
- Hydrate : Dehydration happens when your body loses too much fluids due to vomiting or because of not taking enough fluids. It is important you take fluids in good quantities in order to recover faster.
- Watch for warning signs : When your fever is going down, other signs of dengue can show up, which can be severe. So , you should monitor yourself for the next 24-48 hours, after your fever goes down. As symptoms of severe dengue manifest in this time span.
As severe dengue can be life-threatening. It is important you are aware of its warning signs. Here are some signs you need to watch out for :
- Stomach pain
- Vomiting at least 3 times in 24 hours
- Blood in vomit or stool
- Difficulty breathing
- Bleeding from gums or nose
Severe dengue is medical emergency that requires hospitalization and constant monitoring and dengue care at home.
If you are experiencing symptoms of severe dengue seek medical attention immediately.
If you have queries, need assistance, consult our team of health care experts at the Bansal Global Hospital. Fix your appointment today and contact us at +919911062832