Cervical spondylosis is a kind of regressive ailment that affects your neck basically the wear & tear of cartilage, ligaments, bones in your spine and the soft disks between your vertebrae. It is a very common disease and deteriorates with age. A change in the disc between your vertebrae is a normal process of aging, this leads to a compression in the spinal code or nerve roots. This can even make your legs or hand get frail or inept. It is also referred to as arthritis or osteoarthritis of the neck.
Courtesy pic: www.speciality.medicaldialogues.in
Who is at a risk of Cervical Spondylosis?
- Aging process
- Job requirements can cause strain in the neck
- A neck injury in the past, such as an accident
- Heavy lifting
- Exposed to a lot of vibrations like in the bus or truck
Symptoms of Cervical Spondylosis:
- Immense pain in the neck
- Pain spreading from shoulders and base of the brain
- Neck stiffness
- Tingling pain in the arm or hand
- A crushing feeling when you move your neck
- Controlling your bowel or bladder becomes difficult
When to visit a doctor?
If you notice a sudden inception of unresponsiveness or feebleness, or loss or bowel or bladder. The pain may get worse day by day; it is advisable to get it treated at the earliest as it restricts your daily movements. Consult our team of health care provider at Bansal Global Hospital.
Fix your appointment today and contact us at +919911062832