Chicken Pox as it is known as commonly, is a highly communicable infection caused by the varicella zoster virus. It is also called Varicella in some regions, taking it from the name of the virus which causes it.
The infection is contagious and is communicable to people around if they haven’t had chicken pox earlier in their life. However, if they already had it once in life, there are very rare chances of having it again.
- Don’t let them take a bath until it the rashes dry up completely.
- If it itches help them with a soft cotton cloth, rather than harming the rashes with harsh touch.
- Don’t share towels, clothes, and meals with the patient.
- Consult a doctor if the sores get worse and painful.
- If there is fever along with sores, you need to consult a physician.
- The doctor might suggest some lotions and medications, depending upon the condition of the patient.
- Manage their clothes, bed sheets, and other things separately as the dried up sores can carry virus to other person.
- If there are sores in the mouth as well, one should avoid spicy food.
Chicken Pox isn’t something which can be treated instantly with medications. However, to get it better early, it is recommended to consult a doctor. Other than your visit to doctor, patients should remain indoors not only to heal, but to also make sure that other citizens do not get the virus.
For more information, please contact us via our help desk at Bansal Global Hospital.
About Bansal Global Hospital
A world-class private hospital located in North-West Delhi, the Bansal Global Hospital offers the best treatment possible and care to its patients round the clock (24×7). The multi-specialty Bansal Global Hospital provides specialist medical and surgical care ranging from simple day-case procedures to complex surgeries, blood and other tests in our state of the art pathology lab, digital X-rays, inpatient facilities.
Bansal Global Hospital C-10 Ramgarh, Near Jahangirpuri Metro Station, Delhi, 110033
Bansal Fracture, Gynae and Kids Clinic, E-1086 Saraswati Vihar, Pitampura, Delhi 110034
Neo Kidz Clinic, C-38 Raj Nagar, Pitampura, Delhi 110034