Best Healthy Food:
There is an alarmingly rise in Dengue fever casualties affecting the entire nation, which has become a prime concern. Dengue fever is a mosquito-borne viral disease caused by the female Aedes mosquito. The fever is also referred to as ‘break-bone fever’, as it leads to severe pain in the joints and muscles, along with high fever, rash, and headache. There is also a major drop in the platelet counts, which makes it fatal. An early diagnosis is very essential to fight off the disease, otherwise if left untreated, it can result in death in extreme cases.
Therefore, it is important to overcome the disease by following a healthy lifestyle by eating proper food, keep the surroundings clean, and maintain good hygiene. The following food items, when consumed regularly, can aid in recovering from the deadly infection and boost immunity.
1. Papaya Leaf: Papaya leaf is a wonderful food for dengue patients, as they are rich in papain and chymopapain,
which helps in digestion and relieves bloating. The experts recommend consuming 30 ml of fresh papaya leaf juice to
increase the platelet count.
- Oranges: Oranges are a rich source of Vitamin C and antioxidants. This makes the immune system strong.
- Broccoli: Broccoli helps in regenerating platelet count, as they are rich in Vitamin K, antioxidants, and minerals.
- Coconut Water: Dengue leads to dehydration. Therefore, consuming two glasses of coconut water on a daily basis is an excellent source of electrolytes and minerals.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is an antiseptic and a metabolism booster. A glass of milk with turmeric aids in speedy recovery.
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate has medicinal properties and is filled with necessary nutrients and minerals, which aids in retaining a normal platelet count.
- Vegetable juice: Vegetable juice compromises of cucumber, carrot, and other green leafy vegetables. They contain vital nutrients for dengue patients to require faster.
An early diagnosis, proper medication, and a good diet help the dengue patient to recover fast and improves their platelet counts. But one needs to seek medical help for the same.