Sometimes knowing about a disease and the complications involved goes long way in protecting ourselves from the diseases. Even if we get ill, awareness helps us to get better swiftly by taking the right measures on time.
So, with the Typhoid fever doing rounds around the city, here are 7 facts about Typhoid that might help you in the hour of need:
- Typhoid fever is caused by the Salmonella typhi bacteria which also brings along other uncomfortable and painful symptoms along.
- The bacterium makes way to our bodies through the intake of contaminated food and water.
- It requires a diagnosis test for confirmation of the disease which includes a stool test.
- Anti-biotic medicines are prescribed to get rid of the bacteria along with other medicines to control the symptoms.
- The Typhoid vaccine works to an extent to prevent the disease.
- Many people might be affected by the said bacterium and still not show any symptoms.
- 3-5% of the patients carry bacteria within themselves even after years of being treated.
It looks like prevention is the best door out there, isn’t it? But in some circumstance it is inevitable to catch the infection. If you fear of the same, it is best to contact a specialist doctor as soon as you start noticing symptoms.
Visit our website to know more about the fever. To book an appointment, you can directly contact the helpdesk at Bansal Global Hospital.
About Bansal Global Hospital
A world class private hospital located in North-West Delhi, the Bansal Global Hospital offers the best treatment possible and care to its patients round the clock (24×7). The multi-specialty Bansal Global Hospital provides specialist medical and surgical care ranging from simple day-case procedures to complex surgeries, blood and other tests in our state of the art pathology lab, digital X-rays, inpatient facilities. The hospital has dedicated inpatient facility, with all fully air-conditioned ensuite rooms. Our staff offer high quality services to ensure that your stay with us is as comfortable as possible in private and discrete facilities.
Bansal Global Hospital C-10 Ramgarh,, Near Jahangirpuri Metro Station, Delhi, 110033
Bansal Fracture, Gynae and Kids Clinic, E-1086 Saraswati Vihar, Pitampura, Delhi 110034
Neo Kidz Clinic, C-38 Raj Nagar, Pitampura, Delhi 110034
Dr Suresh Bansal – Specialist Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr Bimla Bansal – Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Dr Neha Bansal – Child Specialist