Accidents can happen at any time, even at your home. While we should always hope for the best and be careful, be prepared for any unfortunate event is also important. For first degree accidents at home, always stock these 7 items in your first aid box:
- Band-aid – Keep water-proof band-aids for cuts from blades and other sharp things. If the cut comes in contact with iron or harmful metal, get a tetanus injection within 48 hours.
- Dettol- Dettol or any other antiseptic liquid should be at home for cleaning minor wounds and cuts.
- Cotton- To apply antiseptic ointments and liquids to wounds or to clean them.
- Gauge: When the wound is too big for a band-aid, prefer gauge to hold cotton soaked with antiseptic liquid.
- Betadine Ointment: Antiseptic ointment for cuts and wounds.
- Silver Nitrate Ointment: Apply on burns after keeping the burnt skin under normal tap water for about half an hour.
- Cold Pack & Pain-relief sprays: For sudden spasms.
If you think the wound or injury requires advanced treatment, don’t delay and take the patient to a hospital nearby.
About Bansal Global Hospital
A world-class private hospital located in North-West Delhi, the Bansal Global Hospital offers the best treatment possible and care to its patients round the clock (24×7). The multi-speciality Bansal Global Hospital provides specialist medical and surgical care ranging from simple day-case procedures to complex surgeries, blood and other tests in our state of the art pathology lab, digital X-rays, inpatient facilities. The hospital has dedicated inpatient facility, with all fully air-conditioned ensuite rooms. Our staff offer high-quality services to ensure that your stay with us is as comfortable as possible in private and discrete facilities.
Bansal Global Hospital C-10 Ramgarh, Near Jahangirpuri Metro Station, Delhi, 110033
Bansal Fracture, Gynae and Kids Clinic, E-1086 Saraswati Vihar, Pitampura, Delhi 110034
Neo Kidz Clinic, C-38 Raj Nagar, Pitampura, Delhi 110034