Monsoon has arrived in Delhi and as much as it is a matter to rejoice, it is a matter of concern with regards to our health. The rains has bought in some relief from the heat waves and washed out the dust from the environment but can bring in many diseases if not cared for properly.
So, here are 5 things our doctors at Bansal Global Hospital suggest for the monsoon season:
- Don’t eat roadside or outside food. Yes, you should avoid that in other seasons as well but rainy season brings in more bacteria in those food items than your immune system can possibly handle.
- Wash your fruits and vegetables well before eating. Peel and cut them to check if they are infected by any kind of insects rather than chewing them whole. Leafy vegetables should be specially inspected well before cooking.
- Don’t bathe in the rain as the environment of Delhi is full of pollutant particles which can be washed down by rains and might infect you. If you get wet, change your clothes immediately, dry your hair, and have a bowl of warm soup.
- Avoid sour foods that promote water retention. It includes chutneys and pickles. It doesn’t include citrus fruits; citrus fruits are good for your immunity and should be had in good quantity during monsoons.
- Drink plenty of water and make sure the water is well filtered.
If you fall ill during monsoons, you shouldn’t let it worsen. Visit your nearest hospital and get a mandatory check-up done. We, at Bansal Global Hospital are available 24×7 at your service.
About Bansal Global Hospital
A world class private hospital located in North-West Delhi, the Bansal Global Hospital offers the best treatment possible and care to its patients round the clock (24×7). The multi-specialty Bansal Global Hospital provides specialist medical and surgical care ranging from simple day-case procedures to complex surgeries, blood and other tests in our state of the art pathology lab, digital X-rays, inpatient facilities. The hospital has dedicated inpatient facility, with all fully air-conditioned ensuite rooms. Our staff offer high quality services to ensure that your stay with us is as comfortable as possible in private and discrete facilities.
Bansal Global Hospital C-10 Ramgarh,, Near Jahangirpuri Metro Station, Delhi, 110033
Bansal Fracture, Gynae and Kids Clinic, E-1086 Saraswati Vihar, Pitampura, Delhi 110034
Neo Kidz Clinic, C-38 Raj Nagar, Pitampura, Delhi 110034
Dr Suresh Bansal – Specialist Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr Bimla Bansal – Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Dr Neha Bansal – Child Specialist