It can be really difficult for school-going girls to manage their periods properly. One prime reason is that they have just started getting it and aren’t used to it still. But with proper guide and effective tips it can be manageable without taking up much stress and time out of their schedule which needs focusing on other important things like their health and academics.
Dr. Bimla Bansal, our on-house gynaecologist suggests the following tips for school going girls who have started menstruating:
- Always keep an extra sanitary napkin in your school bag, even if your periods ended just a week before. That’s because in the earlier years periods can be irregular. You might not get them for a couple of months or can get them twice in a single month. So, be prepared and avoid unfavourable circumstances.
- Change your sanitary pads on time. A sanitary napkin must be replaced within 5 hours or it can spread infection. If your school doesn’t have proper and separate washroom facilities for girls, talk to your school authorities or ask your parents to do so.
- Keep a safety pin with you. If you are wearing white or other light colored skirt and it is stained, you can use it to pin up your skirt till you reach home or can do something else. There’s nothing guilty about stains but it will help you keep calm.
- Don’t wait till the teacher leaves the class. If you realise you have got your periods, stand up and excuse yourself before it gets unmanageable and messy.
- Participating is sports are just fine. Just do not exert yourself too much and you should be okay. If you feel too much pain, avoid it for the first two days.
If there is any abnormality you notice in your body, talk to your parents about it and ask them to take you for professional consultation. An expert gynae can help you detect problems, if any and work with you to solve it at the earliest.
About Bansal Global Hospital
A world class private hospital located in North-West Delhi, the Bansal Global Hospital offers the best treatment possible and care to its patients round the clock (24×7). The multi-specialty Bansal Global Hospital provides specialist medical and surgical care ranging from simple day-case procedures to complex surgeries, blood and other tests in our state of the art pathology lab, digital X-rays, inpatient facilities. The hospital has dedicated inpatient facility, with all fully air-conditioned ensuite rooms. Our staff offer high quality services to ensure that your stay with us is as comfortable as possible in private and discrete facilities.
Bansal Global Hospital C-10 Ramgarh,, Near Jahangirpuri Metro Station, Delhi, 110033
Bansal Fracture, Gynae and Kids Clinic, E-1086 Saraswati Vihar, Pitampura, Delhi 110034
Neo Kidz Clinic, C-38 Raj Nagar, Pitampura, Delhi 110034
Dr. Suresh Bansal – Specialist Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Bimla Bansal – Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Dr. Neha Bansal – Child Specialist