Fibromyalgia is an ailment that causes extensive musculoskeletal pain and tenderness along with tiredness, memory loss, mood swings and sleep issues. This is not associated to pain in your joints or bones or muscles linked to arthritis but gets triggered by painful vibrations by distressing the way your brain processes pain indications.
Courtesy pic: www.womenshealth.gov
Fibromyalgia is a neurologic health issues and an inflammation based disorder. It causes widespread pain and the person gets sensitive to touch, the pain travel throughout the body. The problem can be analyzed only after vigilant examination and is more common in women than in men. A person who rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis are more prone to fibromyalgia.
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
- Lack of concentration or memory loss
- Low pain threshold
- Sensitive joints and muscles
- IBS – Irritable Bowel Syndrome like constipation, diarrhea
- Painful periods
- Irritability or stress or depression
- Tingling in the legs or hands or feet
- Severe headache
- Dry mouth, nose and eyes
- Increased tenderness to things like cold, sound and whacks
- Urge to pee more often
Fibromyalgia can be caused by:
- Emotional or physical trauma
- Genetics – family history
The pain may can get worse during extreme weather conditions. The pain and loss of sleep is linked to fibromyalgia and can also hamper your daily activities which can also lead to anxiety and stress. If you are also going through above mentioned symptoms, consult our team of orthopedic experts at Bansal Global Hospital.