As discussed, in the previous blog “When to see a Neurosurgeon” which highlighted that their work is beyond those of the brain related ailments. A neurosurgeon is trained to cure a variety of conditions that affects the brain, the nervous system, the spine, the peripheral nerves and the spinal cord.
Various kinds of ailments a Neurosurgeon treats:
- Cervical Spine disorder: The cervical degenerative disc causes pain in the neck, shoulders, arms. The other common symptoms are numbness and weakness.
- Head injury: The wound may be only a slight thud on the skull or a severe brain injury which can lead to concussion to brain trauma
- Carotid artery disease: It refers to the thinning of the carotid arteries which is triggered by buildup of fat and cholesterol.
- Chronic pain: An ongoing pain which remain in the nervous system for a longer period of time.
- Herniated disc: A herniated disc (also refer to as bulging, rupture or protruding) is a disorder that can happen anyplace along the spine, but most often likely in the lower.
- Hydrocephalus: It is a condition when fluid occurs within the brain. The symptoms including seizures, nausea, balancing issue and urinary problem.
- Lumbar spinal stenosis: Lumbar spinal stenosis is a contraction of the spinal canal, squeezing the nerves moving through the lower back into the legs.
- Stroke: A stroke happens when the blood supply to the brain is sporadic or abruptly stops, averting brain tissue from receiving oxygen.
- Sciatica: Sciatica is the tenderness and irritation of the sciatic nerve, which leads to pain and uneasiness in the lower back, thigh and leg.
- Tumors – Brain & Spine: Tumors of the brain and spinal cord are irregular developments of tissue inside the brain or the bony spinal column.
- Trigeminal Neuralgia: It is an unexpected, severe facial pain which includes the trigeminal nerves in the face.
When to visit a doctor?
The pain, discomfort may get worse day by day; it is advisable to get it treated at the earliest as it restricts your daily life. Consult our team of health care provider at Bansal Global Hospital.