As discussed, in the previous blog “When to see a Neurosurgeon” which highlighted that their work is beyond those of the brain related ailments. A neurosurgeon is trained to cure a variety of conditions that affects the brain, the nervous system, the spine, the peripheral nerves and the spinal cord.
Various kinds of ailments a Neurosurgeon treats:
- Cervical Spine disorder: The cervical degenerative disc causes pain in the neck, shoulders, arms. The other common symptoms are numbness and weakness.
- Head injury: The wound may be only a slight thud on the skull or a severe brain injury which can lead to concussion to brain trauma
- Carotid artery disease: It refers to the thinning of the carotid arteries which is triggered by buildup of fat and cholesterol.
- Chronic pain: An ongoing pain which remain in the nervous system for a longer period of time.
- Herniated disc: A herniated disc (also refer to as bulging, rupture or protruding) is a disorder that can happen anyplace along the spine, but most often likely in the lower.
- Hydrocephalus: It is a condition when fluid occurs within the brain. The symptoms including seizures, nausea, balancing issue and urinary problem.
- Lumbar spinal stenosis: Lumbar spinal stenosis is a contraction of the spinal canal, squeezing the nerves moving through the lower back into the legs.
- Stroke: A stroke happens when the blood supply to the brain is sporadic or abruptly stops, averting brain tissue from receiving oxygen.
- Sciatica: Sciatica is the tenderness and irritation of the sciatic nerve, which leads to pain and uneasiness in the lower back, thigh and leg.
- Tumors – Brain & Spine: Tumors of the brain and spinal cord are irregular developments of tissue inside the brain or the bony spinal column.
- Trigeminal Neuralgia: It is an unexpected, severe facial pain which includes the trigeminal nerves in the face.
When to visit a doctor?
The pain, discomfort may get worse day by day; it is advisable to get it treated at the earliest as it restricts your daily life. Consult our team of health care provider at Bansal Global Hospital.
Fix your appointment today and contact us at +919911062832