How does Covid-19 spread?
Covid-19 can spread by touching surfaces or objects having the virus on them and then touching your face, or from coming in contact with the person with the virus.
When the infected person coughs or sneezes, the droplets coming out of his mouth or the nose can transmit the virus from one person to another. People who are infected and show no symptoms can also spread the virus. So, we must practice caution.
What can you do to minimize the exposure and spread of the Covid-19 virus?
- Wear a mask every time you go out. Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze. The mask can act as a barrier that can keep respiratory droplets from spreading.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds especially after you have been in public spaces. If you go to public spaces frequently carry a sanitizer with you. Soap and sanitizers can kill the virus that might be on your hands. Studies suggest that the virus can stay on surfaces for few hours or up to several days. So, it is important to wash your hands with soap regularly.
- Maintain a good distance of 3 feet between yourself and others. The aim is to slow the spread of the Covid-19 virus. DMRC has made marking (circles) at the advised distance at metro stations to encourage social distancing and reduce the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with dirty hands. Hands can pick up the virus and it can enter your system and can make you sick. Wear a mask and sunglasses to prevent yourself from touching your face.
- Respiratory droplets spread the virus. Close contact with people can put you at high risk of getting infected therefore avoid going to crowded spaces.
- Disinfect and clean the frequently touched places like doorknobs, handles, desks, tables, phones, etc. A simple disinfectant can kill the virus that might be on such surfaces.
- Get vaccinated to get the most protection from the Covid-19 virus. It is also important to understand that even after getting vaccinated you need to follow Covid-19 guidelines.
Consult our team of health care experts at the Bansal Global Hospital. Fix your appointment today and contact us at +919911062832