Prevention of Swine Flu H1N1 – Bansal Global Hospital
The near epidemic situation in the country due to escalating cases of Swine Flu H1N1 calls for some immediate prevention measures. Swine flu has similar symptoms as the normal flu and is normally transmitted in the same ways. But the H1N1 virus is caused by the several types of influenza viruses which identified in the recent past only. If the virus enters the body, it can lead to severe risk factors resulting in long term problems and even death. Therefore, it becomes very important to be safe and distance yourself from the deadly influenza.
In interest of public health, Bansal Global Hospital suggests some everyday steps which can help you stay away from the flu:
• Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly: Keep yourself clean. Wash your hands with soap or sanitizer before and after meals.
• Avoid touching your nose, mouth, and eyes: You might unconsciously come in contact of the virus by touching surfaces active with the virus. So, don’t touch your nose, mouth, or eyes through which the virus can enter your body.
• Use Tissues for sneezing and coughing: Use tissues instead of handkerchiefs which might sustain the virus. And you must use one, to avoid spreading infections. Don’t use just your hands as it will contaminate your hands.
• Stay away from flu patients: If someone in the house is infected with the flu, keep their clothes and other stuff away from others. Don’t eat from the same plate as the patient. Only one person should be taking care of the patient, that too, after taking proper precautions.
• Avoid large gatherings/crowded places: During the season when the flu is at its peak, avoid going to crowded places as someone with the flu might come in contact and end up giving it to you. If it’s important, wear a mask while going out and wash your hands immediately after you are home.
• Home remedies to increase immunity: To have a strong immune system is the best of precautions. You can follow some home remedies like having tulsi leaves in the morning, gulping down garlic cloves with warm water, or just a glass of warm milk. You can also take a spoonful of aloe vera gel with water to increase your immunity.
If by any chance you or any of your family members come into the influence of the flu, it is as important to limit it as well. Stay at home if you are sick or you can spread it to others and suggest the same to patients around you. Stay Safe!
The symptoms of Swine Flu are similar to the regular flu. Therefore, a doctor must be consulted as soon as the symptoms come to the surface to enhance speedy recovery.
About Bansal Global Hospital
A world class private hospital located in North-West Delhi, the Bansal Global Hospital offers the best treatment possible and care to its patients round the clock (24×7). The multi-specialty Bansal Global Hospital provides specialist medical and surgical care ranging from simple day-case procedures to complex surgeries, blood and other tests in our state of the art pathology lab, digital X-rays, inpatient facilities. The hospital has dedicated inpatient facility, with all fully air-conditioned ensuite rooms. Our staff offer high quality services to ensure that your stay with us is as comfortable as possible in private and discrete facilities.
Bansal Global Hospital C-10 Ramgarh, Near Jahangirpuri Metro Station, Delhi, 110033
Bansal Fracture, Gynae and Kids Clinic, E-1086 Saraswati Vihar, Pitampura, Delhi 110034
Neo Kidz Clinic, C-38 Raj Nagar, Pitampura, Delhi 110034
Dr Suresh Bansal – Specialist Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr Bimla Bansal – Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Dr Neha Bansal – Child Specialist