The discomfort of the physical body is easy to identify. If your stomach is aching or your head is heavy, you know you need to go to the doctor. But what often fail to understand is that our mental health is as important as our physical being, says Dr.Neha Bansal from Bansal Global Hospital.
Unlike some specific diseases, mental health doesn’t discriminate between ages. From children to old age people, everyone can suffer. So, not only do we need to identify the signs of mental illness in the first stages but should take steps so that we don’t need to reach a stage of such condition. And that’s only possible through Mental Health Awareness.
Just like you care for your Physical Health, ensure your Mental being is sound too. Follow the following steps for a Healthy Mental state:
- Keep a check on your work patters. No matter if you are a home-maker of an office-going person. Take a day off from your responsibilities every now and then.
- Learn to communicate your feelings to someone trustworthy.
- Failures are important in life; don’t let it affect your Mental Health.
- Spend some time in solitude.
- Take care of your body by eating well and exercising regularly.
- Practice a hobby that makes you happy.
- Keep your surroundings clean for mental peace.
- Practice meditation.
Caring for your Mental Health is important as it affects your Physical Health as well. If you are stressed too much, it will start showing on your physical body. Your organs will malfunction, you skin will get dull and what not. So start today and pamper yourself every now and then for a healthy body!