A vaccine is the best public health measure to protect against COVID-19, slow transmission, and reduce the likelihood of new variants developing. COVID-19 vaccines have proven effective in preventing severe illness, hospitalization, and death. Scientists are investigating Omicron, including how protected vaccinated people will be against infections, hospitalization, and death.
- Wear Masks: Sometimes it is not possible to extricate yourself from public spaces. Given the fact the Covid-19 virus spreads though vapours, the best line of defence is a physical barrier. Therefore, wear a well-fitting multiple layered masks, especially when you can’t physically distance, or if you’re indoors. Also, clean your hands before and after putting on and taking off a mask.
- Maintain Social distancing: The virus primarily spreads from person to person. So, maintain distance from an infected person. And given the incubation period and asymptotic carriers. It’s best to maintain distance from everyone.
- Maintain hand hygiene: The virus cannot enter through the skin. It needs an opening like the nose and the mouth. And apart from vapours, the virus can sustain itself on surfaces. So, to avoid the virus from reaching from hands to nose and mouth. The best practice is to wash hands regularly.
- Follow Guidance: Make sure you know what the national, regional and local authorities are advising, so you can make the most informed decisions.
- Get Vaccinated: Make sure you get vaccinated. And, follow your local guidance regarding vaccinations.
If you have any question regarding, Covid-19 and other variants, need information regarding vaccination, or need assistance, contact your nearby hospitals. Our specialised team of doctors at the Bansal Global Hospital are 24/7 available to help you with your medical concerns. Fix your appointment today and contact us at +919911062832.