Headache and Migraine
Migraine headaches are one of the most common headaches affecting youngsters and especially women. If you also have a migraine, you need to consult a doctor and start your medication to deal with it. But, how to know if your headache is because of migraine?
Headaches have become common not only in middle-aged people but in youngsters as well. The reasons are various and so are the types of headaches. Headaches and their causes can be different and the treatment depends upon the type of it.
What Causes Migraine Headaches
Let’s check out some of the most common symptoms:
- Headache is concentrated on one side of the head rather than the skull or both sides.
- The pain radiates to the back of your neck and around your eye.
- The pain is pulsating in nature.
- Feeling of nausea along with the headache.
- Intolerance of bright light, sharp sound, or certain smells.
- You are going through a stressful period and you have one or more of the above symptoms.
- Painkillers do not work and you have a headache for 3-4 days continuously.
Even though migraine is considered an untreatable illness, your doctor can help you mitigate the effects and control frequent headaches. It is also important to detect the type of headache as the medication depends on it.
So, if you or anyone in your family is suffering from any of the above symptoms, advise them to go to a consultant today!