Everyone just talks about food and exercise habits to be the most important things during pregnancy. But one more thing which is as much important, if not more, is the mental state of the mother to be.
In easier terms, we are trying to say that a pregnant lady needs to be happy and content. Stress can adversely affect the foetus as well as the well-being of the mother. So, as a mother to be how can you get rid of all the unnecessary stress? Dr.BimlaBansal, a Senior Gynaecologist from Bansal Global Hospital (Best gynaecologist in Delhi NCR) has some tips for you:
- Calm your nervous system by taking at least five deep breaths when you feel stressed.
- Identify your reason for stress and talk to your close ones about it. If needed, consult a therapist or share your concern with your gynaecologist first.
- Don’t stress over how the baby will be born, you stressing is causing it more harm than natural ways. Just take care of yourself and everything will be all right.
- If you are working while pregnant, don’t overdo your capacities. Have clear words with the management and keep your bag of responsibilities light. Also, plan things to avoid messing it up and stressing at the last moment.
- Don’t stress about the weight. It’s necessary for now. You can lose it later with a healthy diet and work out.
- Join Yoga/Meditation classes if required. You can also regularly visit a physiotherapist to know about pregnancy-specific exercises.
- Eat well but don’t be so strict on your diet. You should have what you crave once in a while.
These are a few ways to cope with stress when you are pregnant. To know more about stress and pregnancy, book an appointment with Dr.BimlaBansal at Bansal Global Hospital.
We also have physiotherapy and other allied services available at our hospital under the same roof.