Old age brings with it many problems. While it is partly because of organ(s) dis-functioning, change in lifestyle and increasing fatigue after trivial tasks also contribute to it. Sleep disturbances can be of different types.
If you feel uneasy and get up frequently during the night, you can try out the following methods to ensure a good night’s sleep:
- Eat light and nutritious food at least 3-4 hours before you go to bed. Refrain from having anything after that.
- Go to bed at the same time every day (and wake up at the same time.) It helps in making a routine.
- Avoid bright lights including phones and television before bed.
- Clean your surroundings before going to bed.
- Avoid too many naps during the day. If it is absolutely necessary, sleep for an hour in the afternoon.
- Avoid caffeine in the latter half of the day.
The above ways can help you get rid of temporary sleep problems but if you still aren’t able to rest, this can be signed to an underlying problem and might need medical attention, often urgently.
If you or an elder person at your home is having difficulty sleeping for more than ten days, you should immediately take them for medical consultation to a specialist hospital.
To book an appointment with apex Doctors in Delhi NCR, get in touch with us here.