Signs that call for a visit to the Gynaecologist

Signs that call for a visit to the Gynaecologist

Our body is made of complex substances and now and then we keep on suffering with something or the other relating to our body, thanks to our lifestyles. While cough and cold and similar illnesses are taken care by all as it is visible and easy to be discussed, the society is still hush-hush about problems related to our private parts.

Even if there is something going on in secret, most of the women in India consider it better to keep it a secret rather than sharing it with someone and making it known. It’s somehow a taboo that something is wrong with the girl/woman if here reproductive organs aren’t working well.

In reality, just like other organs, our reproductive organs can also dysfunction now and then and there’s nothing to worry as long as we don’t keep it hidden and increase the complications. So, what are the warning signs? How do you know that it’s time to visit the gynaecologist?

Dr. Bimla Bansal, out in-house specialist, shares some of the signs that suggest so:

Irregular Menstruation

In spite of it being too common among women, women choose to ignore it. Maybe that’s the very reason why they choose to ignore it. Common doesn’t mean that it is fine. Women need to monitor their periods and visit a gynaecologist if periods are too much heavier or too much lighter than it normally is.

Also, if one’s cycle is unpredictable, they must consider specialist consultation to identify the cause and rectify it.

Excessive Fluid Flow

Fluid secretion in female body is normal but not when it is excessive or a routine. Mostly, white transparent fluid is secreted from woman’s body when she is ovulating. Other than that, considerable amount of fluid can be noticed when sexually aroused or satisfied. If any other fluids are noticed regularly, it needs special attention and care.

Rashes around the Genitals

Summers can bring in rashes around the genitals because of friction; it should be fine after applying antiseptic creams or cleaning it with antiseptic liquids. If the rashes take form of allergy or do not go away even after much care, you need to consult a gynaecologist.

Irritation/Itching in the genital area while urinating

Persistent itching in the genital area of irritating feeling while urinating can be danger signs for something more severe that it looks like. You should immediately consult your gynaecologist to soothe the effects and avoid anything worse.

Painful Intercourse

Many people ignore this but it is a matter of concern. Mostly, women from lower strata of the society think that it is their duty to satisfy their men and sex is painful in general. But it is not. It should be about both persons involved. If any one of you is in pain, and the pain is repetitive every time you come close, you need medical attention.

There is nothing to be ashamed about. A regular check up can make your experiences better and can help you lead better sexual life.

Dr. Bimla Bansal emphasises on early diagnosis of problems related to all the above symptoms. If delayed, they can cause severe and irreversible damages in the reproductive organs as well as body. To book an appointment with her, click here.

Bansal Global Hospital C-10 Ramgarh,, Near Jahangirpuri Metro Station, Delhi, 110033
Bansal Fracture, Gynae and Kids Clinic, E-1086 Saraswati Vihar, Pitampura, Delhi 110034
Neo Kidz Clinic, C-38 Raj Nagar, Pitampura, Delhi 110034

Tel: 9911062832
Dr Suresh Bansal – Specialist Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr Bimla Bansal – Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Dr Neha Bansal – Child Specialist

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

WhatsApp chat