Asthma is a chronic inflammatory lung condition. It can have an adverse effect on your health as well your baby’s health, if you’re pregnant.
Why is asthma considered as critical during pregnancy?
If your pregnancy is under control, then there is no substantial risk to you and your fetus but if the asthma is out of control then it can lead to severe complications. The mother has go through various difficulties like premature delivery, high blood pressure, damage to the kidney, minimal fetal growth, toxemia and the greater risk of stillbirth. In extreme cases a baby’s life can be in danger.
Courtesy pic: www.indianexpress.com
The most common triggers of asthma attacks during pregnancy are:
- Cigarette smoke or any other smoke
- Allergy to any food item
- Contagious diseases like Cold, flu and sinusitis.
- Extreme Smell of perfume or sprays
- Change in weather or seasonal allergies
- Allergic response to dust or any other irritant
- Allergic response to any cosmetic
If you are pregnant have asthma, you should be more cautious about your symptoms and be in regular touch with your doctor. Fix an appointment with your gynecologist at Bansal Global Hospital immediately.
Contact us at +919911062832