A cancer that forms in the cells of the breast is termed as Breast Cancer. Talking about the figures in India, almost 1300 people die due to cancer everyday (National Cancer Registry Programme), and Breast cancer has been ranked at number one among Indian females.
Contrary to the belief that cancer happens to a certain group of people, it needs to be understood that they are just people like us. Cancer doesn’t discriminate. However, some of us might be more prone to it than others for owing to various factors.
So, check out these pointers to know if you are at risk of Breast Cancer:
- If you have the genes of anyone with breast cancer. It can be your mother, grandmother, aunt, and other close relatives related with blood.
- If you have crosses the age of fifty.
- Early menstrual periods and late menopause.
- Early history of breast cancer.
- History of radiation therapy.
So, these are more or less the factors that you have no control upon. But what can help is information. Inform yourself about the routine check-ups and even self-examination which you can do at home.
It might not stop the cancer, but early detection can save your life. So, if any of the above factors matches with your condition, talk to a Specialist Gynaecologist and regularly go for routine check-ups.
You can book an appointment at Bansal Global Hospital by contacting our help desk. We have one of the best Gynaecology Services in Delhi NCR.